Compounded Post-Op Drops Are A Game Changer
By Luke Rebenitsch, MD
Dr. Luke Rebenitsch is an internationally acclaimed vision correction surgeon and the Chief Medical Director of ClearSight Center in Oklahoma City. He is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and holds memberships with the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS), the American European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgeons (AECOS), the Refractive Surgery Alliance (RSA) and the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).
Dr. Rebenitsch is a leading expert in laser refractive surgery, including LASIK, SMILE, PRK, as well as implantable technology including ICL and Refractive Lens Exchange. Click for bio.
Compounded medications from OSRX have been a true game-changer for my practice and my patients.
FIVE REASONS I PRESCRIBE COMPOUNDED POST-OP DRUGS
- Quality. When choosing a compounding pharmacy, quality and safety must be foremost. OSRX®, the compounding pharmacy I trust, is accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB), adheres to USP 795 and 797 guidelines, is certified by LegitScript and has an A-plus rating from the Better Business Bureau. Because of OSRX’s compounded medications (OMNI by OSRX®), our patients now have the tools to achieve compliance with their medication regimen.
- Simplicity of use increases patient compliance. We are able to manage the patient journey from the time they call us through the completion of their vision correction procedure. With OSRX, we know patients are taking the correct drugs. Compounded medicines have made it easier than ever for patients to get the right drops in the right eyes at the right time. No more multiple bottles and confusion.
- Cost. OSRX provides high-quality medications – at a reasonable cost – that are delivered at the time of the surgery. We trust the quality and patients appreciate the price.
- Staff time. My technicians and staff were spending too much time fielding calls from unhappy patients and pharmacies regarding confusion with medications. That’s no longer the case. Importantly, pre-authorizations and insurance hassles are issues of the past.
- Customer service. OSRX takes it to the next level with some of the best customer service I’ve ever seen. Orders are turned around exceptionally quick and, when necessary, making changes to prescriptions is a breeze. Additionally, I believe their bottles are the some of the best available – no more concerns about patients getting too much, too little or nothing at all.
If instructions are confusing to my staff and pharmacies, they are inordinately confusing to patients. Having one bottle – a one-stop shop – certainly improves the entire patient journey.
Patient compliance is important for LASIK; it’s even more important to lens-based refractive surgery. So, if you’re looking for a reliable, cost-effective way to get patients the medication they need, compounded medications are a no-brainer for differentiating your practice.
Click Here to Request a Price Quote
Professional Disclosure: Dr. Rebenitsch is on the Medical Advisory Board for Ocular Science® (an OSRX affiliate) and has a financial interest in the company.